Belize, Ambergis Caye

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beeman

Reaction score
I'm planning to go in January. Anybody have some advice on where to stay and who to dive with. What is the cheapest way to get there from Canada.
At the moment i'm thinking of staying at Ruby's looks clean and cheap, and diving with Amigo Del Mar. I was told it was a good outfit to dive with any other ideas would be nice.
Thanks

Can't recommend anyone else but AquaDivers at the Sunbreeze hotel. Great location, price, and their dive boats are the best. Look at their package deals on the web.

Beeman,
Welcome to the board. The Canadians have a very large representation on the board. Heh?
Amigo Del Mar is a popular operator. You may also want to check with Gaz Cooper. He is a member of the board and really does a great job.
Check it out and enjoy.
Larry

You're in for a real treat if you've never been to Ambergris Caye Belize before. The people there are very nice, food/drink is safe and english is the native language.

Your best flight options are probably either Houston or Miami connections. We used TACA Airlines and the service was great. Flights out of Houston range around $400 R.T. booked in advance. Continental also flies to Belize City.

We stayed at the Blue Tang Inn. It was centrally located, clean and nice, but the air conditioner didn't work that well. I will most likely look for another place next time I go. We are considering Paradise Villas next trip.

Check out the following web site. It is a map with names of hotels. Click on the hotel name and it is a link to the hotel web site.

http://ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/mapdowntowndetail.html#area

We had a great experience with Amigos Del Mar. Ask for Tony and Renee to be your DM and Capt.

Check out the bar on the pier near Blue Tang Inn. It's a nice place to relax.

Can't wait to get back to Ambergris Caye.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom