Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hannah85

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Good morning! Hello from Nevada. I was curious if anyone out there has dived in Belize? We are staying in Amergris Caye and need to choose a scuba dive shop to take us out to dive. We live in Nevada and have not been to Belize. My husband and I are casual divers, PADI certified open water, and dove last year in the Great Barrier Reef, Australia. Has anyone dove Belize Ambergris Caye?
We would love to see whale sharks, sting rays, octopus, and hopefully some amazing fishies.

There's a few people here on SB who might be able to help.

Belize

Whale Sharks are only seen reliably at Gladden Spit in south Belize. In spring/early summer. They come for the Cubera Snapper spawn around the full moons during that time period.Ambergris is too far north for any dive operator to go there afaik.
More details here: Whale Shark Dive Trips | Splash Dive Center | Placencia Belize

Can't help with an Ambergris operator - I only know some of the southern options.

Last edited:
I can help. Where are you staying on Ambergris Caye?

If you don't find your whale sharks in Belize be sure to book your next trip in La Paz, Mexico and hit the sea lion colony while you are there! Best experiences with sea life ever!

I don't remember our dive shop we used in Belize but make sure yours brings you to Shark and Ray Alley. It's a must see. It's a snorkel but such an awesome experience with the nurse sharks and rays. You can dive just a few yards from there as well.

Hi Hannah85 and welcome to SB. Have a great vacation Belize and I hope you can bring back lots of awesome diving memories!

Back
Top Bottom