Belize - Must see? Must do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would take the trip to Lamanai on your last day. It is a REALLY fun excursion.

I believe this is what we did on a 1 day stop on a cruise; it entailed a boat trip up the New River, where we variously saw bats on a sheltered part of a tree, a monkey (in an area they put out food), some crocodiles, and lush vegetation, then got off the boat and went on a rainforest tour, visiting 3 Mayan ruins (basically pyramids) - Jaguar Temple, Tall Temple and Mask Temple, if memory serves, and the latter 2 we had the option to climb atop (and get some sweet photos).

This was a good tour and I also recommend it.

Richard.

P.S.: Granted, I picked it because my wife gets annoyed if I book a scuba excursion at every stop.

While you're in the Airport transit lounge, by all means, stop and find "Jet's Bar".

It's just one of those odd things you need to do in your life.

Jets Bar burned up so the "ambiance" is no longer there.

I heard it was rebuilt. Well, I did hear it from a drunk.

Oh well. Who's going to grope the female fliers, now?

Another bit of lost Caribbean treasure.

+1 for the zoo, Xunantunich, and Lamanai. We enjoyed all three immensely.

Sorry Doc, I didn't explain properly. Jet is still groping away and his bar is still the only game in town at the departure area. What I meant was all the memntos. Photos and what not are gone, though people are being generous by bringing new police/fire patches/badges etc. When I was there mid July, the bar was running in the same room though it looms so much bigger because one now sees the whole of it. No actual belly up to the bar area, serving from a folding table. I was told by the bartender that things are coming along, whatever that meant. Will report back on this in late November.

Reactions: Doc
I saw Jet in Aug. Belize's Danny DeVito.

Reactions: Doc
Zip lining and cave tubing at Caves Branch was my favorite land based activity. We went to Caracol for a ruin day and enjoyed that as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom