Belize Nov 2005 Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We were there for TG week. Landing Saturday during Gamma was fun.
We stayed at Coata Mya Reef Resort about 6 miles north of San Pedro.
Dive shop on site.
The dives Sunday and Monday were not great beause of the storm. Vis 30-40 feet and a strong current. Water temp was a nice 80-81.
Next dive day was Wed afternoon at HoChan. Way tomany divers there. They are going to ruin it by over diving it. Again very strong current, but the sun was out and the seas were flat.
Friday! That was a great dive day. Sun, no wind, flat seas, no current and vis about 80 feet.
here are some pics i took.
http://www.kewlpics.net/stevea/belize2005/

Toro:
LBR -

Sounds like you had a fantastic time. I have always wanted to visit Belize and especially Caye Caulker. I have read so much about it that I feel like I have been there.

I was wondering about the pricing for everything you did while there. Hotel per night? Scuba? Dinners? Drinks? Etc. I would like to price it for a trip in the summer.

In general, I found Caye Caulker prices to be similar to those in an average American city. The hotel was $80 a night but that was for a suite, a room would be cheaper.
Dinners were around $10 to $15 a person without drinks. Belize beer is pretty cheap (Belikin is the brand and it is pretty good). I think it was around $2 a bottle.
When we dove with Paradise Down to Turneffe (3 tank dive and lunch), it was around $115 each.
So Belize is not nearly as cheap as say Costa Rica, but still a great place to visit. Have fun when you go.

I go back every time to Paradise down.... I certified with them 5 years ago and they are definitely the best and safety conscious. I recommend them above any other dive operators on the island.

For a great snorkel adventure try Ras Creek, you can find him at the Sandbox around lunchtime. He really knows the island and the rays.

Back
Top Bottom