Belize on a budget

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ron Jones

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking at 2-4 weeks Feb-March 2021. Solo traveler,AOW, travelling with personal gear. I like to dive every day. Looking at a week on Glovers. I like Tobacco caye-lodging is reasonable. Diving is $50. a tank with 10%discount for several dives. I usually negotiate $25-30. per tank. Any recomendations for good locations and reasonably priced dive prices for multiple dives ??
I would prefer remote atolls but would be open to CayeCaulker, Ambergris, Dangringa,Hopkins etc. if nothing else is in my budget. Any suggestions or recomendations ?

Here's what little I know of diving in Belize on a tight budget:

I don't think you'll find any diving out of Dangriga period. Hopkins is pretty limited as I believe there are only two options and one of them is Hamansi which is way out of your budget. Both Hopkins and Placencia are about an hour by boat to the reef, so their prices are higher to pay for the gas.

The dive centers on the atolls places are all pretty expensive not only because of the gas but they are part of high end-type resorts. I think Huracan is supposed to be the cheapest. There was a place where you could camp and dive. Can't remember what it was called as my wife would never consider it so it wasn't an option for us.

My guess is that you would be looking to stay on either AC or Caye Caulker, but you may find that Tobacco Caye is the best fit. AC especially does a higher volume of divers and with that comes more price competition. Maybe check with ReefCI? Edward has dived with them and will probably drop by here at some point.

I've seen it said here that those on a tight budget usually find accommodations first, then negotiate dive packages once they arrive.

Lol. Had a feeling I was misspelling it, so I just fixed it to avoid any confusion.

Need...more...coffee. :coffee:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom