Belize on the cheap.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

post 10 needs to do his home work...time to join the 21st century, look at Southwest. try a hostel... Hostels in San Pedro - Choose from 3 San Pedro Hostels with Hostelworld take a water taxi to san pedro, $25.00 round trip. Placencia is not a great destination for diving, it is 20 miles from the reef.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I dive out of Placencia every year and absolutely love it. The diving to the south is fantastic, and the rides out and back are a great time to chat with the other divers and crew and check out the numerous cayes or just take a quick nap.

Utila costs 10 USD / day to stay and 10 dive package is 299. 362 gets you 7 days of stay at Alton's and 10 dives including reef fee.
And you will see very very very very very little fish. I was NOT impressed by Utila and will not return until they clean that beach up on the south side. Disgusting. They have over fished Utila

And you will see very very very very very little fish. I was NOT impressed by Utila and will not return until they clean that beach up on the south side. Disgusting. They have over fished Utila

I saw more turtles, eels, rays in Utila than in Bonaire. Plus you get to see the whale shark during snorkeling if you are in season. For under 400 USD I can not think of any other place. You do pay a few hundred for the plane though but that is a fun ride within itself.

You found Belize to be more fishy than Utila?

I saw more turtles, eels, rays in Utila than in Bonaire. Plus you get to see the whale shark during snorkeling if you are in season. For under 400 USD I can not think of any other place. You do pay a few hundred for the plane though but that is a fun ride within itself.

You found Belize to be more fishy than Utila?
Haven't gone yet. Will see. Perhaps at the time I visited Utila it was low season for the fishies. Our whole group remarked about it. I've seen plenty of whale sharks and will not say Utila is fantastic until they enact a restriction to over fish everywhere. They need to seriously address the massive pollution problems from across the way in the mainland. That was my simple experience, perhaps others will find it to be different as I truly hope it will be.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom