Belize Recommendation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We just got back from Ambergris Caye. We spent 2 nights at the Sunbreeze. You can't beat it for value and convenience. It is right across the street from the airport and is just a few minutes walk to the in town restaurants and bars. We then went to the very far north end of the island to Tranquility Bay Resort. It is absolute heaven. There is nothing else close to it...very remote and private. There are only 12 units..so very small. Just right out your front door is the beautiful beach and water. I was able to complete my open water dives and receive my dive certification while there. The dive operation is great...very small and personal and only a minute boat ride out to the reef. My son who is a dive finatic absolutely loved the dive operation there. He said the diving itself was close to the same as being closer in town, but the size of it was wonderful.

Sounds great. I teach (diving) there occasionally and it's a lovely spot.

Thanks Downing. I think San Padro is the way to go. Thanks. And we're looking at The Palms.

I've only been to Belize one time, and we stayed at the Jaguar Reef Lodge. It's right next to Hamanasi, so we looked that place over while we were there. I would recommend Jaguar Reef Lodge over Hamanasi. We loved the place, had great luck with the dive operator there, and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Highly recommended.

Having said that, I think the next time we go we might look into something on Ambergris Caye, just because I like to try different things each time we go on a trip. But I certainly wouldn't feel bad about returning to Jaguar Reef Lodge.

Hope this helps!

Last 2 times we went we stayed at the Mayan Princess and it wa sgreat. Dive shop right outside the hotel in the middle of town and they kept your gear. Good value for the money. Haven't been since before Katrina though so I am not sure if it is still the same.

Yes it is, though some people might disagree with the recommendation.

Hamanasi gives you some options on days when the sea is a bit rough which can happen in June as it has good access to inland adventures. Better yet is somewhere in Placenica which also has good inland adventure access plus the village is worth a visit in its own right.
Regards
Ralph

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom