Belize resorts -- seeking advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swoodley -
don't know when you're planning your trip...but Hamanasi is going to be closed Sept. 26 - Oct. 14. I was planning to stay there - it looked like a good mixture of activities for both land and water. I emailed them earlier this week for reservation information and just received a response from them. So I'm back to the drawing board myself with finding a place. :( My companion doesn't want to dive the entire time - so I'm searching for a resort that provides land activities also.

My wife and I dove a week at Blackbird a couple of Septembers ago and had a great time. It was 3 dives per day with 6-10 people on the boat, amazing food, and very laid back. This place is isolated though, so bring that book for when you're not diving or kayaking. The rooms were quaint thatch-roofed separate units with porches. The common house was also a nice place to spend time.

Watch for the bugs and keep an eye on the bar tab!

-Mike

I can't compare Manta to the others or even guarantee what it's like today, but I did spend a week there 10 years ago. At the time, it was very rustic, small bungalos, horrible sandfleas, communal dining, small aluminum boats with powerful outboards and no pads for the seats. The diving was great. We never saw another boat the entire week. The reefs were pristine and filled with life, tropicals, lobsters, sharks, mantas and, on one day, a pod of dolphins. The diving was the best I've done in the Carribean, significantly better than Little Cayman.

Back
Top Bottom