Beneath the Sea - Outing opportunity?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ClassAction:
Is this a good place to buy tanks and wetsuits? Thanks

Abyssimal used to sell tanks at the end of the show, but I don;t think they do it anymore... Legally, Exhibitors are not allowed to sell BCs, Regulators, tanks or any other life support systems at the show.

if somebody does sell tanks at the show, you wil get them without a fill and without an inspection, hence an additional cost for you to do all those things when you get back to your LDS... I suggest just getting tanks at your local shop. period. As far as suits,.. I have no idea.. but I would say why not, especially if they can measure you and give you and order you a custom suit on a spot for a price of regular suit that you would otehrwise get your LDS. Many large manufactures (DUI, Henderson, etc) never sell anything at the show.

Reef Scuba seems to have a lot of people at their booth. It's nice to be able to stock up on D-Rings and Triglides. Plus, you can buy #24 line by the pound! :)

Capt. Dan Berg has Wreck Valley books, videos, etc. in his booth.

And there are other vendors that sell artwork, books, t-shirts, magazine subscriptions, etc. You never know what you'll find.

Plus, the door prizes are pretty good - if you can ever get the prize supplier to shell out... I won a rebreather experience from &^!@#&$ (self edit) a few years ago and I still haven't done it. I even remind him about it every time I see him :)

Mostly, it's just a consumer version of DEMA. You get to see some neat stuff that your LDS might not sell, or even meet some 'famous' people. A couple of years ago, Stan Waterman was there autographing posters in exchange for a donation to the Shark Research Institute. All in all, it's a fun time and a nice road trip.

I tell ya' what. I'm going to be there on Saturday. If WV people want to meet for a group picture or something (out front maybe), PM me. I'll do what I can to get a list together and start a new thread for it with details. It seems that I've been setting up a lot of scuba groups lately for classes and trips, so what the heck - we'll see what I can do with this :)

-Frank

There will be Silent Auctions going on at the Ocean Pal's booth, sometimes they have good stuff that you can get cheap (like OMS doubles or underwater cameras, etc)... Also, Beneath The Sea's "Fish and Famous" event will have a silent auction, but those are "black tie" affairs, and the auctions will feature livaboard trips to various exotic locations if that's right up your alley and your pocket.

We should do a BIG group shot. I'll bring that WV sign both days. As I said earlier right in front would probably be the best place to meet.

I'll have my camera both days too. I have to stop by and give Ikelite SHlT for still not having their housing done!

I'll make sure I actually get some people in the shots this time!

Already sent for my tickets for Sat the 27th. I will be attending the W3-Digital Imaging course in the morning and hanging out in the afternoon. Can't wait to see all the new stuff.

Dive Smart; Dive Safe
Enjoy the ride
:cool1:

grunzster:
We should do a BIG group shot. I'll bring that WV sign both days. As I said earlier right in front would probably be the best place to meet.

I'll have my camera both days too. I have to stop by and give Ikelite SHlT for still not having their housing done!

I'll make sure I actually get some people in the shots this time!

Jen and I will be there Saturday, and will also bring a digital camera. It appears that the show starts at 8AM, and we'll probably show up around 7:30. I go to trade shows all the time for my job, and would advise everyone to show up early. Usually by noon you can barely fight your way down the isles, and getting to the more popular booths gets close to impossible.

We are working on T-shirts and other WV gear right now.

I'll try to get there kind of early too. Scott, are you doing the digital photo thing?

Hey VT is it too late to get the discounted prices? I just noticed the order form I have says to mail by the 12-31-03.

I want to get the ticket for all exibits and seminars for both days and probably the digital photo workshop. You guys really need to set up an order from on the bts web site. I would have ordered my tickets months ago if I could have online.

grunzster:
We are working on T-shirts and other WV gear right now.

I'll try to get there kind of early too. Scott, are you doing the digital photo thing?

Hey VT is it too late to get the discounted prices? I just noticed the order form I have says to mail by the 12-31-03.

I want to get the ticket for all exibits and seminars for both days and probably the digital photo workshop. You guys really need to set up an order from on the bts web site. I would have ordered my tickets months ago if I could have online.

I know... I'll look into e-commerce for the next year.

I thnk the deadline for discount tickets was March 1st. But I'll be checking to see if I can additional discounts tickets for WreckValley members... I'll post more info when I have available.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom