Beqa Fiji Sept 2009 Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can tip with goods! Leave your batteries for the house keepers, take baby clothes, take school supplies, cheap crank flashlights are wonderful on an island with very little electricity! Take old dive gear for the dive boys! I have left fins, booties, hoods, or just about anything they can't buy! :wink: Gifts will get you a long way!

When leaving goods/gifts, where do you leave them so that everyone gets a shot at them? Is there a place at most resorts, and if you leave the stuff in the rooms, will other staff get some of it?

Thanks to all for your help/insights.

BTW, great trip report to the OP.

The question was tipping individuals and that is where I would leave the gift, with the person you want to get it! The batteries I leave for house keeping in the room! :wink:

As far as other stuff contact someone in the village and tell them what you want to do and give it out until gone! Our one of the church pastors like "Amos" (Emosie) in Rakua Village. Or in Rakraki find the school master.

The Ratu is always a good place to start! I would not leave gifts at the resort!

Thank you to everyone for all the great info. I'm going in March for the first time and I feel even more excited now. Thanks

I'm going to be there on the 27th through april 3

what about you?

Ill be there the first week of March

Cool, you'll have to let me know what it was like when you get back...:)

They got seasick on the way to the hotel?!

The hotel is on an island off the mainland of Fiji. You have to take a boat to get to the island. Some people got seasick yep.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom