Beqa Fiji Sept 2009 Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sas! Fabulous trip report. You must of had ***** of steel to video the tiger coming out of what looked like amounted to a bait ball of partial visibility. Thank you for sharing. :)

I had absolutely planned on taking my Chammyz Boat coat to Beqa for the boat rides and surface intervals, but I think now I'll be packing some long pants for evenings as well as a sweatshirt or two.

Thanks for all of the advice, this is exactly what is needed! :)

Very cool. You think you've seen big until you see that big tiger comes cruising in. Funny how the fish just part to let'em through. Got to get to Beqa.

Excellent video and report

Beqa is one of my favorite places on earth! Above and below! Have been there many times and done the House Reef in both directions many times.... It is Macro heaven and is effected by runoff! Dry bag is a must, if for no other reason the ride to the big boats!

There are three Tigers that show up at the feed: Scar is the largest of the three females, with Princess coming in in number two at about 13 plus feet, and Carrie the youngest and newest to the feed at 12 plus feet!

More pictures and video here:Two Tanked Productions HD & SD Underwater Productions and video services Last year:http://twotankedproductions.com/beqalagoonresort.html

820__MG_0243_Group_Shot_Beqa_2008.jpg

All the Rods at Beqa are Reed's Rods and are for sale there ask for Amos or just ask one of the Dive Boys!

Bula Vanaka!

Thanks for the excellent report. I'm planning a trip there in April. We heard that they do not have a dock, and you have to carry your gear out to the small boat for the ride to the big boat. My wife is a "comfort diver" and wants to know if this is true.
Thanks for the info,
DMdoogie

Thanks for the comments :)

DMdoogie, yes you have to walk to the smaller boat but you don't have to carry your gear (other than if you want a bag with things like a jacket or hat in it). The diving gear is carried on to the boat for you and when you arrive at Beqa, your luggage is carried to your bure for you.

Here is pretty much what it looks like to walk out to the boat, you can see it is not far :)
4004009821_9c1f8f66a9.jpg

That is why I suggested a Dry bag for your land camera. You can see folks with their Skins as they are your responsibility to carry both ways. If your skin or wet suit is wet a dry bag will keep it from bleeding on to your stuff you want to keep dry! It is the easiest diving anywhere as the Dive Boys will do whatever you want them to to make it so! They are the best in the world!

806__MG_0054_Group_Picture_at_Beqa_Lagoon_Fiji_07.jpg

One of the fine boats in the fleet!

480__MG_0011_Laurie,_Jen,_Kathy,_Mrs_Smith_on_C-Harly_Fiji_07.jpg

We take school supplies, baby clothes. and old reading glasses! We have taken over 4000 pair of glasses to Fiji via or local Lions club!

Here is one of the things that make Beqa and Fiji special:
480_IMG_9652_The_Faces_of_Raviravi_Beqa_Fiji_07.jpg

Back
Top Bottom