Beqa Lagoon Resort Review March 25-April 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have use a DC1400 with light and strobe - what software are you using?

Most of my touch ups were done in Google Photos! I dont have a ton of time or experience to digitally manipulate photos, so I mostly used their suggested edits, then would fine tune color and light as seemed necessary.

Nice report, thanks. When you say poor visibility, what would you say the worst was in feet? 20 ft? 30? - thanks.
26 days and a wake up and we'll be in our way to Beqa.
Are there hot water kettles in the rooms for coffee and tea? I like to rise early on dive trips and walk the beach with coffee.
I think you and your wife would like Roatan in Honduras. Bring bug spray but the diving is INCREDIBLE

Nice report, thanks. When you say poor visibility, what would you say the worst was in feet? 20 ft? 30? - thanks.
26 days and a wake up and we'll be in our way to Beqa.
Are there hot water kettles in the rooms for coffee and tea? I like to rise early on dive trips and walk the beach with coffee.
I think you and your wife would like Roatan in Honduras. Bring bug spray but the diving is INCREDIBLE

I would say the worst vis was maybe 30-40 feet...? I am bad at judging. All things considered it was not awful, just not as good as the other dives. But it would only affect one dive of the day for the most part. The tough part was the bad vis was on the shark dives where being able to see farther helps you get more of a full experience. That's life. Still loved the shark dives though!
I think they still have the hot water kettles, but in general the breakfast area was open by the time I was up and getting ready to dive. They still had the fridge area, so while I cant say for certain, I am pretty sure they have the kettle.
I think we are going to Roatan in June! Next trip for sure is Philippines in April.

Enjoy Beqa!

Thanks the report. I love Fiji too. Not sure about your manager concerns were but Fiji time is strong concept with them so schedules and specific events usually happen but not always as planned. That came clear to me when my wife and I were bumped off not only my flight but to a completely different airline for my domestic flight, all without telling me. We got there. Senga na lenga ("no worries")

<<all but 2 of them ended up getting back in the water>>
Apparently other people have much better normal lives because Fiji, diving, Pacific diving, beautiful place, potential shark dive, hanging with Fijians...and they want to go back to the hotel?! :)

<<guide prevented anything bad from happening>>
I respect the guides greatly, but I'm thinking the shark unilaterally decided to change its direction. HA HA HA...

Hope you survived the fires unscathed. I live south of San Jose and was smelling and seeing the smoke for quite a while.

Thanks the report. I love Fiji too. Not sure about your manager concerns were but Fiji time is strong concept with them so schedules and specific events usually happen but not always as planned. That came clear to me when my wife and I were bumped off not only my flight but to a completely different airline for my domestic flight, all without telling me. We got there. Senga na lenga ("no worries")

<<all but 2 of them ended up getting back in the water>>
Apparently other people have much better normal lives because Fiji, diving, Pacific diving, beautiful place, potential shark dive, hanging with Fijians...and they want to go back to the hotel?! :)

<<guide prevented anything bad from happening>>
I respect the guides greatly, but I'm thinking the shark unilaterally decided to change its direction. HA HA HA...

Hope you survived the fires unscathed. I live south of San Jose and was smelling and seeing the smoke for quite a while.

Believe me, I understand Fiji time! The issues with the manager were beyond that. Happy to PM you with details.

Yeah, the other group was odd. No way were we giving up a dive!

Thanks for the well wishes; we escaped the fires, but had coworkers and friends who lost everything, including someone on the Fiji trip...:(

Thanks for the recommendations! My husband and I are planning at least a wk of diving in Fiji, Pacific Harbour. Your tips are very helpful. How was the transportation from airport to Pacific Harbour other than halfway stop? What are the restaurant choices like for after diving? We usually do 3 tank dives/day for 3 days, rest day, followed by 3 tank dives for another 3 days, then standard 24hr wait to fly to another location for another wk of diving. :). We are definitely interested in shark diving, especially after seeing Sharkwater, attending a Fins Attached event and meeting Paul Watson!! Any chance you have been diving in American Samoa or French Polynesia?

Thanks for the recommendations! My husband and I are planning at least a wk of diving in Fiji, Pacific Harbour. Your tips are very helpful. How was the transportation from airport to Pacific Harbour other than halfway stop? What are the restaurant choices like for after diving? We usually do 3 tank dives/day for 3 days, rest day, followed by 3 tank dives for another 3 days, then standard 24hr wait to fly to another location for another wk of diving. :). We are definitely interested in shark diving, especially after seeing Sharkwater, attending a Fins Attached event and meeting Paul Watson!! Any chance you have been diving in American Samoa or French Polynesia?

Let me answer what I can!

The transportation to Pacific Harbour was fine, other than the halfway stop. Our bus was comfortable and had good A/C And it was nice to have the stop, I would just be sure to walk around and not just go in the shop they try to steer you towards.

Restaurants for after diving I cant help you with. Since we spent the whole time on Beqa we were stuck with their restaurant. That meant a buffet breakfast where you could ask them to cook your some fresh eggs. A menu was laid out in the morning and you chose your options for lunch and dinner then. Not sure how much that helps you!

The shark dives were awesome, but note that you wont be moving around. As long as you are aware of that and ok with it, you will have a great time.

Havent been to American Samoa or FP yet, but they are on the list. New up in the Philippines.

And awesome pics btw!!

Thanks!

I see you are from Denver. The rest of my family lives in the Denver area and I always enjoy visiting.

When you get to BLR you have to take a smaller skiff to shore and jump out into knee deep water, which caught some off guard. The water is nice and warm however.

We're heading there in a few days and really appreciate your review. I've got one quick question for you about this part. What about luggage? Should we dry bag our clothes or is there not much risk of them getting wet?

Back
Top Bottom