Beqa Lagoon under new management

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For the better? I was there 2 years ago & the only things I could think of to change are, get rid of the high step in the doorway going into the bathroom (almost killed myself a few times at night) & kill off the mosquitos (which weren't that bad, I'm their favorite food).

I was just there last week. The lip on the bathroom door is still there and my roommate just about killed himself a couple of times. I got lucky and managed to remember it every time. This was my first trip there and it was all good except the weather--a tad chilly and rainy early, ok middle, rainy late in the week. The diving was pretty good, but not outstanding. More biomass there but clearer water and more big stuff in Bonaire, I thought. That is, until I made the shark-feeding dive. That was awesome!

For those that have been to both (probably a small crowd), how would Beqa Lagoon compare to a place like Little Cayman? Is it comparable diving or better? Is there quiet space available for those of us who would prefer to spend an afternoon lying in a hammock and reading a book?

Like this
GEH_2311.jpg

From Beqa

I like Fiji better than any of the Caribbean I have done. Better marine life and people of Fiji make the long travel well worth while.
Beqa is isolated. No roads just foot paths. 7 villages on the island. If you want relaxation, this is the place.
My wife does not dive and enjoyed lying in a hammock and reading a book. Most all dives are morning and the rest of the day is yours.

We've dove in a couple of places. The hard coral forest at Beqa is the best we've ever seen...you will need a scooter to get there, however...

Endless Scooter 2

Otherwise, it was pretty generic. Nice place, but underwater...not so much. The best dives were when we ditched the DMs or dove from shore.

All the best, James

Fiji is better than anyplace in the Caribbean. We've been to Bonaire, Cozumel, Cayman Brac, Little Cayman, Belize, etc, and the marine life and corals are much better in Fiji. We've been to Beqa and Wananavu and a liveaboard. The liveaboard is best, but Wananavu is better diving and cheaper than Beqa.

Thanks for all the input. Decided not to do the August-September trip for now...but it is good info to think about for the future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom