Beqa Shark Dive, Fiji

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jenaddyman23

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Has any one on here done the beqa shark dive in pacific harbour in fiji? if you have what were your thoughts on it???
i did it and thought it was amazing! it is defo a must do dive!! a huge tiger rocked up the day i dived!! if i could go back to fiji today to do it a agian i would! :D

Dove there a few years back. It was pretty cool. I was also lucky enough to have a tiger drop by during the dive. It swam just over my head and was close enough to touch.

Was with Beqa Adventure Divers

I did it a few years ago and it was one of the high spots of a great dive trip.
Saw two tigers - one was 16' and the other was 14'.
Very exciting and I got great pictures!

Leaving August 6 for the sharks.

I have done this dive every time I go. The first was with the BAD boys, and the second with Aqua-Trek. I liked the BAD boys operation allot better. Aqua-Trek chummed the water too much and too many small fish came in and blocked the view. BAD boys tend to hand feed piece by piece.

We did both BAD and Aqua Trek in 2007. I found that it didn't matter which outfit you used there were thousands of small fish that showed up for both dive outfits that got in the way of our view. What you see is luck of the draw. On our dives we found that more sharks showed up for the Aqua Trek dives than the BAD dives. However, I know others that found just the opposite to be true. Again, its just luck regarding what and how many you will see. The day we went on the BAD dive others at our resort went on the Aqua Trek dive and they saw the tiger shark. I saw the video that Aqua Trek made that day and the tiger came real close to everyone! We saw a few bull sharks. For the rest of the trip, the other group never let me forget that they saw the tiger and I didn't :). You won't go wrong with either shark dive op.

Regards,

Bill

Howard Hall called it the best shark dive on the planet. They have three tigers that come in: Scare 16ft, Princess 13 plus, and Carrie 12 plus.
480_DSC00881_Prensses_at_Shark_feed_Beqa_Fiji_07.jpg

Princess!
Two Tanked Productions HD & SD Underwater Productions and video services

Two Tanked Productions HD & SD Underwater Productions and video services

Anyone out there that can offer advice I will listen. My wife and I are planning a trip to Bequ Lgoon Resort in late Jan 2012. Can anyone talk to me about weather? I heard "rainy season". Is that goingot be a factor really? Is it not advisable to do this in FIJI in late Jan?

Has anyone stayed at Bequ resorts? Any feedack? I know they offer the shark dive and the wife is interested. I heard you pay 250 US per person, and go during one of your scheduled boat dive days. Do they make this up since you are paying for 10 boat dives? Woudl they do a night dive or something?

Thanks

We'll be there in a couple of weeks. We booked through Aquatrek in combination with a room at Club Oceanus and we're not paying anywhere near $250.

OPSLDO, Fiji is really green & lush, the area around Beqa is like a jungle. There's only one way for it to look like that, rain. Don't worry about it, just bring a good rain jacket. It rains so hard you think it's never going to stop & 10 minutes later everything is dry, all year long. The boats have cabins to stay dry.

As far as the diving, there are some nice reefs, soft corals but if I could do the shark dive every day, that would suit me. The bride says she remembers it being $100 extra &, yes, it is one of your dive days. We went with a large group & when we got back to the resort we all signed up to do it again. Go to youtube "beqa lagoon shark dive". Spelled BEQA

Back
Top Bottom