Berjaya Dive op

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FWADIVER

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Which dive op is at the berjaya resort? Going to tioman this summer and try as hard as I tried I cant convince my wife to stay somewhere like nazri's place (she apparently had too many bad experiences with backpacking chalets in her youth). So we are probably going to be stuck at the golf resort. Would still like to try and get to labas and tiger reef.

They use their own in house resort. If you want a good operator nearby I highly recommend tioman reef divers. They are nearby and can arrange transport. Good spacious fast boats and a very decent and tidy operation. The house reef also not bad for some workout dives. If you want they also have accommodation at adjacent babura resort. Book the honeymoon room. It's a second story floor facing the water with floor to ceiling Windows. Clean comfy bed hot water mini bar etc. All you really need tbh. And killer views that berjaya can't match.
The food there is also first rate.

Email tioman reef divers.they can sort out an all inclusive package for you.

Www.baburaseaview.com

Www.tiomanreefdivers.com
O

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

do either tioman reef divers or tioman dive center have nitrox? or only B&J up north?

Which dive op is at the berjaya resort? Going to tioman this summer and try as hard as I tried I cant convince my wife to stay somewhere like nazri's place (she apparently had too many bad experiences with backpacking chalets in her youth). So we are probably going to be stuck at the golf resort. Would still like to try and get to labas and tiger reef.

There is nothing wrong with staying at the Berjaya, or diving with their dive shop. I know some of their guys and consider their boatmen and dive crew to be some of the most experienced and competent local guys on the island. And they use large deisel-powered wooden boats when they take guests out to Tiger Reef. Makes for a more comfortable ride and platform to dive from.

I'm not sure who can actually "produce" nitrox besides B&J, but I think any of the dive shops can "get" it for you if you request it.

B&j and a five operator at salang have it. If they don't doubt they van provide as they don't have the filters etc or the cost would be prohibitive.

If you do go berjaya renggis is still great. Was there two weeks ago. Big schools of barracuda, and resident turtle and black tips spotted.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Well if they have o2 I could mix it myself, not a dealbreaker however. Looks like I am going to have to come back sometime after I finish trimix to check out some of the wrecks, on of the main reasons I got into diving was WW2 history, but no way I want to do 60meters on air. Looks like I got it all setup with TDC, they are going to pick us up from berjaya on the afternoon we get there for a couple dives near renggis, they the next day, weather permitting, it looks like they can take us out to labas (we have about 7 divers in our group so pretty much the whole boat) then we will relax the 3rd day to offgas and enjoy the beach before flying back to KL and then ipoh to finish packing and say goodbye to the family before coming home.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom