Besides Sipadan and Redang?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sel

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! :)
I was wondering if anyone has good suggestion concerning diving destinations in Malaysia besides Sipadan and Redang. I have dived Sipadan several times and it is AWESOME...the best I've ever experienced. Redang was also pretty good. What are other good diving sites? Thanks!

Sel once bubbled...
Hi! :)
I was wondering if anyone has good suggestion concerning diving destinations in Malaysia besides Sipadan and Redang. I have dived Sipadan several times and it is AWESOME...the best I've ever experienced. Redang was also pretty good. What are other good diving sites? Thanks!

Well, there's a few places you can try but they will not be as good as Sipadan,one of the best in this region so dun set your hope high :D

Tioman/Aur/Perhentian/Langkawi are some of the popular places
maybe you can check it out ... wait, Layang Layang too :wink:

As for me, I have been to some of the above mentioned places, and personally I find them nice. well maybe that's because I have yet to dive in the best :D

Maybe other members on the board who had been to those places can share with us their experience :)

Dive sites very close to Redang:

1. Pulau Perhentian - A bit north of Redang. There are 2 islands, namely big and small. Very relaxing atmosphere. Diving very similar to Redang, but more of no current leisure dives. Good place to get certified. Probably with the friendliest and most well equiped dive operations this side of Malaysia. A few of the dive operators can get a bit crowded during high seasons. If I am not mistaken, there are more than 15 operators on the 2 islands. Plenty of resorts to choose from ranging from hostel to resort style. Warning! People tend to stay longer on these islands than planned!

2. Pulau Lang Tengah - Small island between Redang and Perhentian. Last count only 3 places to stay with 2 of them having dive operations. One of the places is resort style and the rest all inclusive type like Redang. Offer deeper dives, more hard corals and marine lives quite similar to Redang. The island is small and much less crowded than Redang. You could be the only one diving during weekdays.

3. Pulau Tenggol - Another quiet small island South of Redang. Many local divers think this island offer the best dive sites in Peninsular Malaysia. The dives are of deeper variety, around 30m, with quite a few drift dive sites with strong currents. Advance divers would enjoy this island more than novice divers. Nudibranch ethusiats take note: be prepare to encounter 10 different varieties or more during one dive. Other marine lives are also prolific at all dive sites. This is also the island where whale sharks and mantas frequented usually around Mar/Apr and Aug/Sep. Only one permanent family operated resort there. There are a couple of small accomodations only open when there are group bookings. There is only one dive operator on the island, but make sure you bring your own equipment. Again, this island is so crowdless you can be the only one diving on weekdays.

All these islands have seasons from late Feb to early Nov. Monsoon hits this region from Nov to Feb.

Hope that helps :)

Thank you for all that information! Whew...I have much more research to do now :) Warmest greetings from Germany!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom