Best Boat Food?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big shrimp Right off the boat out in the Gulf. Can't get any more fresh than that.

On the Spree, the tradition is brownies and ice cream after the night dive. I skipped the night dive on my last trip and I got to lick the batter bowl. Yummie.

TwoBit

If anybody thinks they are going to be diving in warm water off the coast of sunny California, forget about it.

I went on a nice dive boat out of San Diego. Water temp. was 55F.

After coming up from the klep-the big thermos of plain old, hot, Campbell's chicken noodle soup was unforgetable.

Well, on Desert Sea Divers' boat trips in Jeddah, they serve up a tasty chicken stew you can ladle on a bed of rice. They call it "chicken curry," but one day I showed them the true meaning of curry when I made a real Sri Lankan curry that had a few people jumping into the sea to put out the fire. The food is nothing fancy, but tasty and decent. It's always between the 2nd and 3rd dive, and if you think it tastes good on board, wait until you get down to 60 feet! :11ztongue

Fresh, fresh fruit and ice cold bottled water......

On the boats In Sharm El Shiekh, Egypt, you get alot of fried eggplant, rice, sauteed tuna, other assorted veggies, chicken, tomatoe, cucumber and cheese.

I always added some home to my charters and brought on a grill and served Southern California style BBQ Chicken or hamburgers; fresh strawberries w/whipped creme is a nice touch. One secret to good bbq sauce is a stale beer, a dolop of brown mustard, maybe a little brown sugar. The boat crews used to tell me that I had nice mustard and Catsup, meaning the BBQ sauce.

One of the dive operators in San Diego, has muffins, hot coffee and fresh fruit, and a nice presentation, I really enjoyed that as well.

ScubaTexan, if Your Motto is "Take only pictures, leave only bubbles, I'd rather be diving." Why were You 'feasting like kings' on shrimp? Just wondering? :06:

I can't eat on a dive boat. So I just bring some saltines along, and water. Anything else would get quickly fed back to the fish. A good carb diet before leaving to catch the boat is what I do.

Well over here the first company that I was with offered fresh pineapple, cookies and sub-sandwiches (sadly the boss passed away), the new place offers crackers and cookies.
BUT the best food I had on a boat (not a liveaboard) had to be when I dove the Red Sea. We went out at 8AM and returned at 4PM so there was a cook (Mohamed...now I bet that isn't a surprise :D) on board and every day he would whip up an Egyption specialty. Fantastic!

The best food is on Princess Sara in Sharm el Sheikh. Prepared by Egyptian staff, freshly made and often it's a fish caught during our way to the dive site!!!
On the other hand after two dives everything tastes great!!!!
Mania

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom