best books for divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One of the most valuable books for me, as a predominately fresh water diver was Wetzel's Limnology. and Dodson's Introduction to Limnology. A friend of mine with a background in fresh water ecology recommended them as a standard bearers in the field.

The Certified Diver's Handbook by Clay Coleman.
Very thorough book reiterating much from your cert class and expanding from there. Includes types of gear and how choose and maintain, weather patterns, marine life, basic rescue and even different areas within the US.

+1 for Shadow Divers and the The Last Dive

I wanted to read Deco for Divers, Unfortunately, Amazon doesn't ship that book to my part of the world :shakehead:

Shadow Divers by Robert Kurson. I read the entire book in 2 days. I could not put it down. Enjoy!

I could not put it down either!

Deep Descent - book about diving the Doria. I like reading about the Doria.

Neutral Buoyancy is a pretty good read. The author interweaves a travelogue with a history of diving. It's not a page turner like "Shadow Divers" or "The Last Dive," but it has a lot of substance and should hold most divers' interest.

And nobody else has mentioned it yet. :humble:

Big fan of Diver Down and Kevin F. McMurray's second book Dark Descent, also old scuba instruction books from the 60's and 70's
Cheers

514UQCRahBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

sea-hunt-dell-covers.jpg

51UwCDfPO5L.jpg

In all seriousness...
Diver Down is a great read.
Chug
I re-read it at least once a year to reaquaint myself that I am generally an idiot in the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom