best combination of price/diving in BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My-Way,
Water temperature is May shouldn't drop below 8 degrees on Vancouver Island and probably will be near your 12 degrees in Australia then. So I think you will be fine.
I'd offer to be your buddy but I'm not in BC now.

If you find that a wet suit is too cold, there are a few tour operators on the Island that will rent you a dry suit for a fee. Technically Speaking in Nanaimo rents for about $20 extra, if you dive with them for the day. Other operators seem to charge a little more (about $40). If you do find yourself without a buddy over there, PM me. I live in Vancouver, but can get to the island with reletive ease (especially for a dive weekend!!).

Good Luck,

Jimi

I can't wait to get to Vancouver Island and BC in general.

I'll definitly get on list and chase up some buddies.

I'll have to chase down a cylinder as well (to buy).

Cheers.

Lots of good advise here, I like Nanaimo because we like to dive on the Cape Breton and Saskatchewan. I dive dry, but have been with other's who dive wet during the summer months. Have fun, Vancouver Island it's the next best thing to tropical.

Back
Top Bottom