Best Discount card ever

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

msedivingdoc

Reaction score
:director: For those of you who dive and are in some way or fashion in the armed services... the ID card that you get with your service is the best discount card ever!!! On a recient trip to Key West I took full benifit of the fact that I serve my country. Navy Fly Inn on NAS, Key West $36.00 a night... :bang: try to find a better deal. Talked to the local MWR and my AOW and Nitrox class far less than locals pay, below :jump: $300.00. Local restaurants 50% discount to military :yelclap: .
My point is this... ask around the local bases where ever you decide to vacation. The local MWR can get discounted tickets to local attractions, rent boats, let you borrow free dive equipment if available :dropmouth :. They can also hook you up with there own trips and save you tons!
Most of us know from active duty about these kind of things, but even National Guard Reserve and other prior service can take advantage. I went for one week of diving in key west, took classes and saw all the sights for a lot less than my other non-military friends have. You served your county ask how it can now serve you.

Has anyone else found a great bargin with their military ID... If so list where and what for.

How about used and abused retirees???

Depth Perception Dive Center in Brandon, FL offered me a 10% discount on all my purchases there. Also, I'm not sure if it's still going on, or if it includes the Reserves and National Guard, but Busch Gardens and Sea World gave free admission for me and up to three dependants! That was the best deal I've come across!

Gosh! Wish the two years I put in flying in Viet Nam were good for something.
I bet a bullet wound scar would be good for an extra fill.

the K

Hmmm I get free meals at IHOP when in uniform, 10% at Lowe's and, ect....

Rich, nice to see that you are back!!!

DMP:
Hmmm I get free meals at IHOP when in uniform, 10% at Lowe's and, ect....

Rich, nice to see that you are back!!!

You folks in the military deserve all that and much, much more.
We REALLY appreciate what you do for us.

Thanks for your sacrifice!

dmpaq20:
You folks in the military deserve all that and much, much more.
We REALLY appreciate what you do for us.

Thanks for your sacrifice!

DITTO !!!!

Thank you.

Your very much welcome......Support your local USO, soldiers still need care packages.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom