Best Dive Boat now

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seansrs36

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
With the Magician no longer a dive boat in southern California, what dive boat would be considered the best now? Sucks that the Magician is no longer. I really loved that boat and have some fond memories diving from it.

My favorite warm water dive boats are the Newtons.

That thing is old!!
It has contact numbers but hey I’m old and it’s been a while since I’ve used any SoCal boats, pacific star was one of the good ones in the LA area, Specter in Ventura but I don’t know if either is still operating.

Yes PacStar is still operating. The amount of dive boats here in so Cal has dwindled over the years.

Yes PacStar is still operating. The amount of dive boats here in so Cal has dwindled over the years.
Yea it’s hard for them to make enough to bother anymore.

The Magician was my favorite and it recently got sold. It is now operating in Mexico I heard as a fishing boat. The Horizon went bye bye awhile ago. That was after the Mexicans closed down Guadalupe Island
for shark diving.

Back
Top Bottom