Best dive flag for snorkeling and freediving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sbiriguda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I would like to buy a dive flag for snorkeling and perhaps occasionally also for freedving

Attachments

• BOA1.png
    BOA1.png
    65.1 KB · Views: 147
  • boa3.jpg
    boa3.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 142
  • boa4.png
    boa4.png
    53.7 KB · Views: 141
  • boa5.jpg
    boa5.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 128
  • boa6.jpg
    boa6.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 123
These are more or less the types of buoys / flags
I am considering this one

Attachments

• boa5.jpg
    boa5.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 129
Which type do you think is best for snorkeling (and perhaps just occasionally freediving)?

I have not tried it but I like the Brownies third lung 3D buoy.
It’s not streamlined to cut through water when scuba diving, but I like it because it is noticeable!

Guys, do check your local laws, sometimes the specific size and construction of the flag is different from "stuff that's sold on the web". Even within the US, a flag can be perfectly legal in 49 states and still illegal in Florida.

Personally I'd like something about six feet square that followed me without a tether, and had a couple of Phalanx guns on it, set to maintain an automatic hundred yard perimeter.

Here, ANY dive flag just attracts idiots in boats or jetskis who want to come see what the colorful thing is, and whether they can take it home.

@Rred
' Here, ANY dive flag just attracts idiots in boats or jetskis who want to come see what the colorful thing is, and whether they can take it home.'

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
What have you done to educate 'idiots in boats or jets 'skis who want to come see what the colorful thing is, and whether they can take it home'.
??????
I Some how suspect nothing--Absolutely nothing !!!!!
sdm

What I don’t understand is why the coast guard doesn’t make penalties and fines...
In Italy as far as I noticed nobody touches the diver down buoys... They know it’s extremely dangerous and in any case the coast guard is very strict on this. It happens to see they don’t respect the safety distance from the buoy that is 100 meters. But not really approach the buoys. Sometimes jet skis go too fast and they just don’t see the buoy or see it too late

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom