Best Job in the World!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KathyV

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I really enjoyed this article in The Cayman Compass about Bahama Bob, a guy that travels the Caribbean Islands and works and blogs as a professional rum taster.

The really funny thing is that the article is written by George Nowak, also known as The Barefoot Man. He is the irreverent singer and songwriter that performs on Grand Cayman at The Wharf on Saturdays and at The Reef on Thursdays. I always thought that he had the best job in the world, but it sounds like Bahama Bob really has a pretty sweet deal.

"Where's the rum gone?" the question first asked by Captain Jack Sparrow

Bahama Bob may have the perfect job — professional rum taster | Cayman Compass

It sounds like Barefoot and Bahama Bob are neck and neck for the best job!

I've been listening to Barefoot for more years than I can remember. Ahhhh, the good old times!

We're only amateur rum tasters here, but we've started our venture with Cayman's own locally made Seven Fathoms, age in barrels stored 7 fathoms deep somewhere off the coast of Grand Cayman. Mmmm, tasty. (my unprofessional review)

seven fathoms rum.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom