Best Mask for Photography?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I were you I would find a low volume mask thats fits correctly .Clear or black has never made a difference to me,in fact I use both regularly and find no difference.I have been shooting U/W for close to 30 years and do it professionally.

Jax if you decide to go with a Mares Liquidskin mask I have one that was used once in a pool (Pink),also has a plastic case .Just make a donation to SUDS and I will cover the shipping.

Update on the X-Vision liquidskin mid. It fits great, is very comfortable and with my beard, leaks less than other masks I've had. OTOH, there seems to be too wide a gap between the glass or the angle is funny. I have trouble looking close up with both eyes. Also, there's a weird reflection of the edge of the skirt that makes a semicircle on each lens if there is any light from above. I don't like the see through red because the extra light is distracting. I wish they made it in an opaque black. The X-Vision mid (non liquid skin) does come in black, and I may try one.

Larry have you tried the regular Liquid Skin? I have a black one I could let you dive next time we are down at the BW. I can wear either Mares X-Vision comfortably.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom