Best Method for Rough Entries/Exits (Monastery, etc.)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VS..be sure and give the south side a try, I actually prefer it and have seen more life there.

VS..be sure and give the south side a try, I actually prefer it and have seen more life there.

I've only dove Monestery about 10 times now and I agree with this. I like the North end if we want to go Deep, but the south end does seem to have more life and a more interesting topography as well.

As for exiting. I've never gone there on a crazy day, but I have found that crawling with your hands in a fist is pretty easy. Once you're on the dry sand the steepness of the beach will help standing up too.

Another thing I've found handy is to stay in shape. I've been trying to climb CA 14ers (well, not so much this year) but training for backpacking and climbing really helps with the balance and strength and getting up and out of the steep entry exit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom