Best money ever spent on scuba gear.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mitchell Teeters

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I think there was a thread on this, but I just can't seem to hit the search string right.

Best money I ever spent was for a 70* elbow for my second stage. I use a 72" hose and this made a world of difference for me. I need one of these for my pony bottle now. Doesn't seem like much, but I'll be danged it helps. Now for an apeks style mouth piece! LOL

M

I think the best money I ever spent in scuba was on my lights. I paid $700 for my first HID light, a NiteRider, and it was known in our house as the $*&#ing $700 FLASHLIGHT! It didn't last long, before I had upgraded to my current Salvo/Light Monkey HID. I think I'd be willing to dive with borrowed or rental almost anything, so long as I had my light. It's communication and safety and color and vision all wrapped into one nice, neat canister.

Oh, and BTW, the husband who coined the name for the first light, now owns one of the LMs . . .

Drysuit and canister light for me. If I have to choose one between them, probably drysuit. I won't dive in my home water with without a drysuit, but I can see myself diving without the light.

In term of bang for the buck, my DRIS 1000 led light is tops.
Dive shears are up there (cause they do what they are supposed to and are cheap)
BP/W and DS are someplace in the middle.
Every piece of photographic gear ranks at the bottom (an endless money pit)

not as fancy as a canister divelight, but every time I go diving, I'm very glad I purchased fin straps. Not very expensive and very easy to use. I see so many divers struggling with their fins, pre and post dive.

Switching from split fins to blades (hollis F1) . Yes they will give you leg cramps at first. But to be able to move water around !!!! Cant bea them.

Best investment I ever made was my first set of gear. All of it was second hand and not a single piece of it was something that I would buy now... but I made hundreds of dives with it and in some ways I wouldn't be the diver I am now without having dove with it.

Of all of it, I still have the regulator. A 1976 Aqualung. Aside from a couple of mistakes that I later corrected, every regulator I've ever owned has been an Aqualung. Best investment I ever made.

R..

BP/W is what first comes to mind.

I love all my equipment (otherwise I wouldn't be using it), but I think the standout is my Akona 1 mm suit. It's the greatest!

A BP/W that was made for someone 6'-7" tall. No BC would ever fit properly... Thanks Tobin!!!

then again, custom wet suits and a custom dry suit also made it possible to dive....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom