Best place for custom wetsuits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaScubaScubaYAY

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am looking for a long arm, long leg, 7mm wetsuit. (Women's)

However, I am 5' 4" and a size 18 so I don't exactly fit anything right off the rack.

I am thinking that I will need a custom made wetsuit. I could use some advice on what brand or website to use for finding a wetsuit. I know custom made are not cheap, but I am looking for one of the lesser expensive custom wetsuits.

Suggestions?

A custom suit shouldn't cost much if any more than a quality off the rack suit.)

My first suggestion is to visit a local shop or 2 and see if they represent any of the custom brands. All of the brands will have measuring suggestions but if you can get an experienced shop to do it that's even better. Needing to ship suits back for adjustments is not uncommon But it's worth the effort. Atlan from Canada did an awesome job on my wife's.

A scan of this forum will turn up other names. I think you will find that Wetwear consistently gets high marks too.

Pete

I'd recommend getting a friend to take time and very carefully measure you according to the custom wetsuit maker's instructions. Do it more than once. It's much easier to do this than to try to fix a bad fitting wetsuit afterwards.

Adam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom