Best place to buy Tequila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eh, Chedraui, Mega, and La Europea have pretty good selections of tequila. La Europea, in particular, has some very good tequilas that aren't typically found outside of Mexico as well as a good selection of mezcals.

The swill makes my cloths fall off, get into a fight, and there is a headache in every shot glass. I can't start sipping it until we get way over $200 a bottle. I typically find that at Spec's in Houston or any of the major top shelf liquor stores in any big city. I have not looked at the Wal Mart in PDC or at the Chedraul for any of the finer tequilas, perhaps I have been remiss.

The swill makes my cloths fall off, get into a fight, and there is a headache in every shot glass. I can't start sipping it until we get way over $200 a bottle. I typically find that at Spec's in Houston or any of the major top shelf liquor stores in any big city. I have not looked at the Wal Mart in PDC or at the Chedraul for any of the finer tequilas, perhaps I have been remiss.

The largest selection I have seen on Cozumel of exotic tequilas is the tequila shop in the back of Cinco Soles.

Have fun at the Blue angel resort!! We sure did!!!

Yeah, that damn tequila?

Hard to beat prices at Mega, with a good selection. I recommend El Jimador as well for excellent Margaritas.

Hard to beat prices at Mega, with a good selection. I recommend El Jimador as well for excellent Margaritas.

I was going to visit a couple of the tequila tasting/sampling stores but found a nice brand at Mega and never got around to the free tasting.Mega was about 20% less than the tequila specialty store to the west of it.

I have little real knowledge about the different tequilas but the staff member at the back of Cinco Soles near the entrance to Pancho ' spent a lot of time talking with me about my tastes. He let me sample many different types of tequila and narrowed the choices down for me based on what tastes and felt good to me. They were small samples and I had a sip of water between them. I settled on 1921 Tequila Single Barrel Añejo.

Can't remember the name, but there is a tequila store just north of Casa Mexicana. Seemed like a place meant to catch cruisers....but might have some treasures to be found. I think the guy said they had 30+ kinds of their own tequilas.

Safe travels,
Jay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom