Best place to dive other than Similan Islands?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rumblefish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I will be heading over to Thailand in April and am hoping to get 5 - 7 days of diving in. I've heard that the Similans are probably the best dives in Thailand, however, they require a liveaboard to dive. So, I was wondering, where should I go to hit the best dive sites that do not require a liveaboard? While a good mixture of topside activities and diving would be ideal, good diving will be the most important factor in my decision.

Thanks.

I dived in Lanta and it was very good - hin muang and hin doung (something like that anyway!) and island is also very chilled, beautiful etc

As limbo said for the Khao Lak option, otherwise get yourself over to Krabi. Here we've got Hin Daeng, Hi Mouang by speed boat, Phi Phi and Shark Point by dayboat. If you want a half day out, the our local islands are also a good choice.

Dude!

We have excellent diving here in the Surin Islands and at Richelieu Rock. You do not need to take a liveaboard to dive in this area. You can stay cheaply on Koh Surin and do as many days diving as you want over whatever period of time you like.

If you are looking for other activities then this region has some good mountain biking and great kayaking amongst (i think) the densest mangrove forests in the country. Also Khao Sok NP is just up the road.

cheers!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom