Best Place to Shore Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharkboy1515

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hey everybody, I'm coming down with a group this weekend to do some diving and after our charter I wanted to try a shore dive. I've dove Venice around 20 times, but I have yet to do a shore dive here. I've read about several places that are good to go to, but I was just wondering if anyone has a particular favorite spot to go to. Everyone with me has never done fossil diving before, so I would like to go to a spot that gives them a chance to find some megs. I know nothing can be guaranteed when diving in Venice, but I guess what i'm trying to ask is if there is one shore diving location that produces more megs over another? Also, I wanted to try to do a shore dive South of Sharkeys. I've found some really cool stuff on the South end, but I'm not sure if the fossil bed down on that end is accessible from shore or not. Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Service Club Park has given me some good teeth in the past.

I've noticed that too. I've only been South of the pier once and found a greater variety of fossils as well as the usual smaller shark teeth. As for shore diving North of the pier, I've heard a lot about Alahambra, Service Club, and Sharkey's. I've seen people dive off the beach right by Sharkey's several times and come back empty-handed. Has anyone done a shore dive off of Golden Beach?

I have gone in at Alhambra & then paddled down towards Golden Beach. I have had some luck there, including a partial gator jaw, with teeth still attached. Right now that entire area seems to be covered with a whole lotta silt which seem to be why viz has been so poor. I've also done the beach at Sharky's. The fossil beds are a little harder to find there but, once you find them, I think it's as productive as Alhambra.

try out in front of the two large white condos with the drainage pipes.... 18'-25' has been prducing ok for me.... not as silted ... atleast not 2 weeks ago... I noticed some spots south of it that was covered, that only a month prior was not...sooooo hard to say definately.... Im going out this sunday if the weather is still kinda crummy. But if its nicer then im heading offshore of stump pass to do some spearing... Shore diving can be hit or miss,... especially with the conditions we've had lately... looks like this weekend the tides are gunna be better and more of an E. SE. wind. Good luck!!!!! maybe well see ya out there.... Hope this helps.

The Venice Beach Bash is happing this weekend. We a couple boats taking folks to the boneyard and everyone will be shore diving for teeth. There are still a couple open slots on the boats as I post.

EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO JOIN US

Heres a link to the offical thread with the details

Check the last few pages for the latest information.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/tr.../333343-venice-beach-bash-2010-june-12-a.html

Thanks everyone. I'll keep everything in consideration. I'm hoping the East winds will clear up the vis so everyone can go diving this weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom