Best Places To Live And Scuba In The U.S.A.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IslandHopper:
Just to be clear .... the origional post mentioned "living" and diving ... and Guam is great for that...

If you want to change it to "Working" and diving, then some people might have a problem :)

(just yankin' H2Andy's chain)

Actually, if I was independently wealthy, I think Guam and my native Puerto Rico would beat Florida hands down, but that's a far fetched thought; like Andy, I'd still need to work. :wink:

Rick

fgray1:
I moved her long before I was a diver. I became a diver because I moved here. :eyebrow:
Fred

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto. But I didn't move here from Puerto Rico, I moved here from Texas.....

Rick

H2Andy:
plus, i love to play the "i've never seen you before" game. you just never know what species you'll run into.
Do you mean people/women of fish??? :wink:

I agree the diving in FL is very good from what little i have seen of it. However there are drawbacks to FL, lets not forget the heat and humidity!! I am still thinking of moving to the
Rick Inman:
corner of Oregon and Washington Street
one day.

What's wrong with the heat and humidity? I love spending weekends at 86 degrees and 100% humidity :D

fgray1:
I moved here long before I was a diver. I became a diver because I moved here. :eyebrow:
Fred

Fred's nailed it. It was either a boat or scuba. Unfortunately my wife went with me to the Boat Show, so I ended up taking the scuba lessons. :D

Marc

I used to live in the Seattle area. I agree that the underwater world is spectacular in that corner of the world! I love and miss it. However, unlike Grateful Diver Bob, I am to old to lug all the weight around you need to dive there for the exposure suits.

So I live on Oahu (so I can work) and the best I can say about variety is "wrasse". They have so many different wrasse here that I bet I could live here for 10 years before I saw them all.

Oh, and we see humpback whales, too!

-becky

Marc- I noticed your quote from Oscar Wilde below. I've always attributed a similar one ("Life is too important to be taken seriously") to Albert Einstein. I may have to check my sources. How true whoever said it.

Life is far too important to be taken seriously ~ Oscar Wilde

drbill, sorry... it's Mr. Wilde. The actual quote is

"Life is much too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it."

another version is:

"Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about"

I don't have a copy of Vera of The Nihilists
handy, so can't tell you which is right. Knowing Wilde
the first one is correct (he would never finish a sentence with
a preposition)

here's a bunch more by Wilde. He was the height of wit in his time:

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/o/oscar_wilde.html

Hi Lungs,

Hey it's great here...86 average median temp. I dive everyday shore, boat, deep, wreck, salvage, manatee, shark, spearfish, life is great. Too bad it's off limits to anyone other than military or contract work. But if You ever get a chance do it. Get in touch with Me, I might even be able to get You a sponsor.

CPT D

ok i am Mr. Hijack on this thread.. sorry...

armyscuba, i would love to dive Cuba. i was born there, left in 1980 (haven't
been back). would love to see it underwater. by the way, Gitmo is the UGLIEST
part of Cuba (wouldn't you know that's where the Navy would set up a base)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom