Best reef diving in Florida?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

depends on what you like if you like shallow colorful reefs with lots of little fish Key Largo if you like deeper reefs with big fish i would dive Jupiter. My favorite is Jupiter big sharks, jacks, jewfish great visibility IMHO great diving and JDC is a great dive operation

I forgot my vote for Boynton, although deepstops is right on, Biscayne National Park is hot too :D

I think we also would agree on the where the best lobstering in the state is as well, but let's keep that between us :D

( #1) I love Boynton A #1 REEF"S and a few wreck dives, hotel's are limited to the Holiday Inn express on I -95 so you will dive with locals and a mix of divers in the know-great mix of dive boats and shops and easy parking.

(#2) The Keys I do the wrecks & then you will get dropped on a reef section on your second dive-so not knowing your skill level the dives at Boynton are from 50 FSW to 60'FSW range and several opps drop a dive master to keep a eye on you .

So make the call or do both as said its not a far jump to do both over several days.
Just My 2 cents
Brad

You really can't go wrong anywhere from West Palm down to the Keys....everyone has their favorite but anywhere in between the above mentioned is awesome and you'll have a great time.

The best reefs with a lot of sea life, and the most colorful reef is in Boynton Beach (just south of West Palm and North of Fort Lauderdale).

Key Largo is good too, but Boynton is really amazing.
Yes - agreed - however - for the chance to see large animal life - and pretty good reefs too - Jupiter wins hands down, but I think Southern Palm Beach, Lantana, Boynton - have great reefs, in SOME respects better than the more well known areas in the Keys

The Keys are very good, especially Key Largo and Islamorada

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom