Best scuba advice you’ve received

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sort of related and from flying but do as much thinking at ground speed 0 as you can. Way easier to problem solve when you aren't also flying (or diving in this case).

Applies to traveling, giving presentations, and diving: "You never run out of time at the beginning."

I recall my OW instructor saying to add & release small bursts of air to your BC...Great simple advice. Assuming you are properly weighted, it shouldn't take a ton of dives to get your buoyancy pretty darn good.

An "advanced diver" is the diver who can observe the dive conditions and has the courage, wisdom and expertise to cancel the dive if the conditions are not safe or right for him.
:checkbox: Did this less than a month ago, called a dive, first one for the day, gut feeling, did not feel right.
Did the 2nd dive no problem.
Trust your gut.

Edit: Usual typos.

"Ya can't breathe water, think ahead." From my mentor when learning deco, I've found it quite helpful over the decades.

Damn, I can't recall any advice about diving. The only things I can think of are different pieces of advice I received on equipment: Seawing Novas, Hydros Pro BC and the Mk11/C370. All of this advice I got from this forum and some FB pages. I think the next advice I'll take is on Miflex hoses. The guys at the Scuba San Andres recomended I get them (they weren't trying to sell them to me).

Not diving specific, but "Aviate, navigate, communicate"

I have had a couple times where things went wrong on dives and I have had to remind myself "I have a working reg, this is not an emergency, slow down and work through it"

Back
Top Bottom