Best Scuba Shop On Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check out Kaimana Divers! Gabe is a former IDH employee who now has his own private dive company and will give you the best dive education with no hidden fees! Gear and boat fees included in the price quoted, not to mention a great diveclub that will save you more money when you start diving!

I have have done my advanced, rescue and am a good way in to the DM course. Best to support an independent experienced instructor who doesn't have the pressure for profits put upon him by a shop owner!!

Have fun!

(PS I get no reward from this suggestion, I just want you to have the best preparation and the most fun!)

Best to support an independent experienced instructor who doesn't have the pressure for profits put upon him by a shop owner!!

I think so too.

yea, best deal in town.

Yea, if you can stand sucking on their bad air!

I met two board members last summer on the North Shore. In fact, I recognized one of them by her myspace pics. One said, it wasn't so bad once you got used to it and the other said she couldn't stand it.

Sorry, but if I want to suck on bad air, I'll smoke a menthol cigarette and enjoy the hell out of it!:D

post #16...deafening silence.

That deafening silence is because the remainder of Chuck's gang who hasn't relocated or PCS'ed has formed their own dive club (no membership fee)! Just need to bring your desire for good times focused around a dive environment!

We had a stellar Memorial day campout, 27 people strong! Good diving although not as much as we'd have liked this year. DLNR put the kibosh on the camping thing. We figured out the parameters though and made it thru the weekend!

Good Times!:D

Not that I do much of anything with sealancers...but I do have a membership there, and their air is just fine...has been now for over a year.....

Yes it used to have issues, then people complained..rightfully so...now it's fine.

i'd duck after mentioning "chucks" name here,,,,, heard he was just back in town for some unknown reason but kept a low profile (i wonder why)

Those that he kept a low profile from were the vendors he owed money to. Every time I see Tommy Daly he asks me if I've seen him and proceeds to tell me how much money Chuck owes him! Get over it Tommy!

Most of the folks that hung around his dive shop on a social basis still reminisce about the many good times had around his shop.

The Halloween parties at the Castle were the absolute best.

Most of us who used to dive out of that shop feel pretty homeless with regards to our LDS!

Chuck could be a real SOB at times, but to a lot of folks, myself included, he gave far more than he took!

Last edited:
ps lots of good ppl became friends thru his old shop tho (squinting looking around)

Most of the folks who used to dive out of his shop don't hang out here. A lot of the regular gang is no longer in the islands. Heather and Bur are on the mainland. Steve and April are still here. I only see Tommy at the Dive Oahu tent sales. I see Tommy's ex, Kat, at Costco once in a while. Brewer is still around and so are Tom and Diane. There have been so many that have come and gone over the years. Too many to list. The Price's are still around too. In fact, Ronna Price just got certified ten years after her family started hanging around the dive shop and the Rat Dogs.

Mostly we get together and shore dive. John and I just got back into it last summer. He hadn't dove since he left the shop in 2000. I dove a few times after that but pretty much stopped when Heather left.

ok now I realize that i have to know you Lisa,, I just can't put a face to the name.
Some ppl will never change (tommy) lol
I ran into Brewer about a month ago in Hawaii kai, dang I miss those halloween partys at the castle

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom