Best Scubaboard Posters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The posters who tirelessly and enthusiastically answer the same questions time and again,
The posters who bring something new to the table,
The posters who make me go 'hmm' and who inspire me to better myself as a diver and as a person,
The posters who make me laugh, smile, or otherwise enjoy reading these forums (which is 'thankworthy' in my book).

A non-exhaustive (i.e. incomplete) list of examples: Phil, Walter, Lynne, Bob, Reg, Trace, Ken, Christopher, Jeff G, Jim, Diver0001, John (cave diver), Valhalla, James, Brian, Adam, Ian, Richard, Kevin...

My favorite posters are the ones that help me understand not only the OP questions, but the information needed to resolve the problem or answer the question myself.

Thanks SB

TSandM, Grateful Diver, Thal, DaleC come to mind.

And I'll have to give a runners up prize to idocsteve for his tireless trolling of people who take the internet far too seriously.

The one praises one of the very few people I've ever come across that I'd like to see permanently banned from ScubaBoard.

It's because he is a constant reminder not to take the things that people say too seriously. Leading by example, so to speak. You should never let someone who is a stranger on the net get to you, basically.

Enough with that subject. Who else has a list of their favorite posters?

...is important to me. Too many folks here seem to get a kick out of watching their "Total # of Posts" climb some perceived ladder. I'd rather they take their time & construct something useful as opposed to what, quite often, amounts to sound bites.

As to specific names - they've already made the list.

Best,
DSD

Most of my favorites have been named but I have a few to add.

Saspotato to start, she has made some great posts and made me laugh too.

Rick Inman and Lamont also come to mind.

Mike

The posters who tirelessly and enthusiastically answer the same questions time and again,
The posters who bring something new to the table,
The posters who make me go 'hmm' and who inspire me to better myself as a diver and as a person,
The posters who make me laugh, smile, or otherwise enjoy reading these forums (which is 'thankworthy' in my book).

A non-exhaustive (i.e. incomplete) list of examples: Phil, Walter, Lynne, Bob, Reg, Trace, Ken, Christopher, Jeff G, Jim, Diver0001, John (cave diver), Valhalla, James, Brian, Adam, Ian, Richard, Kevin...

dang, your memory that good ---or you keep a running list of 'great' posters on hand....

I thought of a couple more this morning. I agree with (I think it was) Rob that Charlie99 has had a bunch of REALLY good posts here. I miss him, too.

DA Aquamaster has written some excellent pieces on regulator function, from which I have learned a lot.

Cool_hardware52 has my enormous respect for coming here and tirelessly answering the same questions on weight and lift with patience and useful information.

Someone made a wonderful point about specialties . . . Although I can't name names, I recognize and appreciate the time spent by people who offer their time and expertise answering questions like, "What's the best stuff for cleaning tank marks off a fiberglass boat?"

There's an enormous amount of generosity on boards like this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom