Best Settings for Olympus XZ1 HD Video sample

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Jun,

Very nice tutorial. Are you using an led video light? Could you pls share your setup for both videography and photography?

hi buds,

currently my very spartan set up

small buddy by Yagit Diver, on Flickr

i would not get the fantasea lamp as vid light & ys17 strobe (discontinued) shown in pic (had no time to choose during my Feb purchase, ), i really just maximize what I have, i'm going on a spending spree (or maybe not) though once home in ph end month but a wide angle I've ordered already, if you are from the US you're lucky you've got lots of stores over there, currently based in vn and theres not one photo imaging shop over here-

consider inon and solas, consult the shop owners, bluewater photo and oceanic optical sales, they would know best for you're requirements :coffee: if budget is prime consideration, my set up above will do:) arnd usd1,200 total, over and above- 2 ucl165's (usd150 each) i got from HK just 2 months ago, am sure you can get pre owned stuff too from this forum and other sites

That's actually a very nicely compact set-up. I'm always hesitant to let the photo gear get "out of hand". But something like that wouldn't be too big and cumbersome to dive with.

Henrik

That's actually a very nicely compact set-up. I'm always hesitant to let the photo gear get "out of hand". But something like that wouldn't be too big and cumbersome to dive with.

Henrik

true, can streamline more with an inon focus light http://www.backscatter.com/sku/in-le550w.lasso:)

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

just sharing video made using white balance, no video lights during day clips, the night dive clips using a usd50 fantasea torch, all shot with 3-5 mtr viz + greenwaters of Sihanoukville :D

Jun, I tried your technique while I was in Bali waters last week, and I am not at all ready to publish the results! The reason is that the AF function (I presume) seems to add in blurring if there's a change in the distance to the subject. I didn't like the effect. I see that in your clips this happens rarely. Do you have a trick for preventing it?

Jun, I tried your technique while I was in Bali waters last week, and I am not at all ready to publish the results! The reason is that the AF function (I presume) seems to add in blurring if there's a change in the distance to the subject. I didn't like the effect. I see that in your clips this happens rarely. Do you have a trick for preventing it?

Hi Marcia, aside from white balance/ going to C, have to also set focus to Manual (not AFS) to stop focus hunting, but too much work,

also discovered an easier way and how to save in WB custom mode (eg shooting molas)
1. go to underwater mode wide, can set white balance, preset prior diving at deepest depth where white balance can be done by camera
2. save settings - I just learned this on my latest trip and found this link how to save It is confusing.: Olympus Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

so at arnd 31ft or deeper, I just flick to C and no more adjusting, just saves me time if settings saved already, (for anything above 30 ft, use iA mode prior pressing video) wont be perfect color on shallower or deeper parts but we cant adjust WB all the time on a dive

on chasing focus, I still get clips which are blurred, reason why I cut the clips which are affected by hunting (rarely do I put in a clip longer than 8 seconds) if i'm not able to change from AFS to Manual focus mode, which happens almost all the time

most nudi shots dont blur since I keep cam at a stable position, slightest movement, it still chases focus on AFS :( but after a while, especially with saving wb correction, can get used to it. took me 4 months and several dives to find out but getting comfortable with the steps now :) lumix and canons dont require this much effort on video, has better afs iq

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom