Best spot to catch a college football game?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

erincherie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Like everything else on the Coz forum, I'm sure this has been discussed and debated to death, but I didn't see anything recent and restaurants/bars come and go, so thought it was worth asking. Where is the best place to watch football (not soccer)? I would have guessed French Quarter for LSU vs Alabama on 11/8, but since it is no longer there, I'm at a loss. The game isn't until 7pm.

GEAUX TIGERS!
:banana::football::banana:

We watched a few games over the last 2 weeks at Kelly's on 10. Much improved over the last few years as well.

The no name bar next door to hotel barracuda is a great place. The old owner of the french quarter owns it and Jan is a bartender. Tons of tv's

Second vote for Kelly's. Lots of TVs and pretty decent bar food. Go to the Southeast corner of the Plaza, head straight back to the end of the Pedestrian walk, and it's right there on your left along Ave. 10.

Friend of mine & myself one year caught a LSU/OM 2:30 CBS game @ Cozumel Country Club----IN FACT, the owner of the French Quarter invited us, we were the only 3 watching the game(@ the CC) outside under a paloppa----he was from Pollack, Louisiana & my buddy & I are from Bunkie, Louisiana......BUT---Kelly's would probably be better..:)

EDIT:....will never forget-it was the game Trindon Holliday ran a punt back for a td---@ OP... he 'sprayed' those rubber pellets off their art. turf like crazy when flying into the EZ...AND----OP is NOT an error, PM me if you want to know what it means.......lol

We've got 6pm reservations at Buccano's so will go get our bellies full of some great food then head to Kelly's for cervesa and hopefully a good ole Tide butt whooping!

Thanks for the suggestions!

Tell Danny the bar tender hi for me. He is really good guy and make sure to make fun of the Ravens to him.

-Brian

Back
Top Bottom