Best spots at the Boneyard -- what's the bottom like?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glock Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just curious what other boaters have found to be most successful at the Boneyard. I've taken my boat up a few times, anchoring at some posted Boneyard GPS numbers. But we haven't had huge finds.

Are the best spots flat bottom? Patch reef? Rocky? :idk: I'm trying to think how I could use my bottom machine to find better locations to anchor.

Do you find that returning to the same coordinates is successful time and time again? Or do the currents tend to move stuff, making a set of numbers unreliable after a period of time?

:snorkel:

The areas in general that I have found to be most productive for fossil hunting are areas of broken shell/hard bottom. Large expanses of sand are the least productive. If you find a productive area, mark it and return to that area, it'll probably produce for a long time.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom