Best time of year for Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For me water temperatures is everything. I am a wimp. But I can take rough seas, I am usually fine with bouncy rides.

LOL...I get it. I'm a tidy bowl diver myself. While cool in the winter, I still consider SE FL and the Keys warm water, but that's just me. :) Sitting on a boat riding big rollers during an hour long SI sometimes makes me want to be somewhere else. It's a big ocean. :cheers:

Thanks for everyone's input so far.

The few times I've done Key Largo, it's been about this time of year, so the water temps have been in the 75ºF range. I use a shorty 3mm and a farmer john. It would be nice to just need the shorty, so that 85ºF range would be sweet. I dive the quarries here in northern Illinois, where the temp is regularly in the 55ºF range, and when we drop into the holes, it's mid-40ºF's, so any Florida Keys diving seems like bathwater.

I'm most interested in the wildlife, so was also wondering when it is most abundant; and visibility, when it is the most clear. As far as the nightlife, couldn't care less. I have a few places in KL that I love for dinner, and then sacking out early is fine with me.

Thanks,
-Tim

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom