Best Time of Year to Dive Red Sea/Egypt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djkpsu

Contributor
Reaction score
Mitzpe Ramon, Israel/ Eliat on the weekends!!
Now that I am living in Israel, I plan on at least doing one liveaboard in the Red Sea. I have been reading some of the other posts and am leaning toward southern Egpyt. But I am not sure as to the time of year to do it, and was hoping some of you could shed some light on the subject.

Is there any time of year that is better for diving the Red Sea then others? I know the water is warmer in the summer, but what about the wildlife? Are there any types that show up at a certain time of year? Does it get especially busy during any periods? Or, anything else that might affect my trip?

Basically, I can go whenever I want, and would like to go when the diving is good and business is slow. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Well
Red sea is almost always busy but February. The best time is - beginning of May, then September. Winter also is OK but it's too cold for big animals so they move more south....
honestly - once you try Red Sea you will not be able to stop - it's adictive
Mania

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom