Best turtle dive site in July?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

feelfree

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
hi, dont know if im at the right place cause im a little bit lost in this big and great forum but ...

Im planning a trip to florida this summer (july) ans i wouls like to know where can i have the best turtle dive in florida??
I've found that the best place is in west palm beach but i dont know wich dive center is the best???
me and my husband will be in florida for 1 week and want to do between 5-10 dive... in the same area so.... could you help me find a good place to dive and a cheap place to sleep???

Thank you very much !

(im french so... my english is probaply not exact... sorry :p)

Yes, the size of this site can make it a bit tough for new members to figure out where to go. Many people only read specific sections, so you might get more answers by posting in the Florida section ("Florida Conch Divers") of Regional Travel and Dive Clubs / United States. You can ask a Moderator to move this thread there by sending one a PM (Private Message). Posting your request here may also work.

Yes, the size of this site can make it a bit tough for new members to figure out where to go. Many people only read specific sections, so you might get more answers by posting in the Florida section ("Florida Conch Divers") of Regional Travel and Dive Clubs / United States. You can ask a Moderator to move this thread there by sending one a PM (Private Message). Posting your request here may also work.

thank you i'll do it ! :)

thanks for all answers :)

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Moved to the Florida Conch Divers forum.

You've already figured out most of what you need to know and that's that Palm Beach is the place for turtles.

A couple of my favored operators are Underwater Explorer out of Boynton Beach (Boynton Inlet) and Little Deeper running from Riviera Beach (Lake Worth Inlet).

West Palm Beach is the best place in FL to see and photo turtles. We see Hawksbills on almost every dive this time of year, and often see Loggerheads. I dove yesterday and saw 4-6 Hawksbills (I lost count). I also recommend Jim Abernethey's, they know the sites where the turtles hang out, and they often have a turtle researcher (with all permits and licenses) on their boat. He IDs and tags Hawksbills and brings them on the boat to get stats on them before releasing them at the same spot they were picked up. We recognize the same turtles at the same spots on every dive. Your experience may be different in summer because they migrate, but WPB is the palce to go.

Welcome to SCUBABOARD ..... be sure to post your dive when you come down and we will show up to dive with you :wink:

Don't worry about your english - its better than many of the native speakers who post!!

Seriously, also consider Jupiter Dive Center, in you, Jupiter

We have been seeing a ton of turtles for the last 2 months - loggerhead and hawksbill - on the last 18 dives, I have averaged 2 per dive

Not to pour cold water - or evian, se vou ple - but last summer - and I dove Key Largo, Miami, and Jupiter a TON - saw less than I do now

They are normally out there off of Palm Beach County, yet this past summer they were scarce, but that could just have been bad luck -

You will not be sorry if you dive Jupiter - have a good trip

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom