Best Underwater Scooter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They sound like great innovations. Most gear purchases are based on what your closest dive buddies have. IMHO
One of my TDI instructors is a dealer, 3 others we dive with own 1-2 each.
When I started my PADI training my instructor had split fins, sacrilege!!!! No more....... Maybe scooter someday

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't get me wrong, Dive X made some great rides. I started out in a Sierra.
Any scooter that doesn't require the battery be removed every time to charge it has my attention.... Magnus.

Any scooter that doesn't even require the lid to come off to charge it gets my attention and money.... Genesis.

I have a Sierra and lusted after a Genesis - while you say removing batteries to charge is a bad thing (and I get all the advantages) I typically go away for two days and multiple dives so changing a battery in between dives is actually an advantage.

Investing in multiple batteries is a very expensive hobby though :fail:

I have a Sierra and lusted after a Genesis - while you say removing batteries to charge is a bad thing (and I get all the advantages) I typically go away for two days and multiple dives so changing a battery in between dives is actually an advantage.

Investing in multiple batteries is a very expensive hobby though :fail:

I certainly understand where you are coming from. I had 2 batteries for the Sierra and often changed them out on the boat.

Once I bought my Magnus, I realized there was enough power in that battery for 3 dives. :) No changing required.

Owned Sierras and Cudas but my Genny 1500 is the best money I have ever spent. I free dive, monkey dive, and deep dive with it as a integrated bail out carrier often all in the same day and have only once run it into reserve. The variable speed is a huge improvement especially at low speeds. I use mine a lot just for positioning while filming. Also Jon is top notch and stands by his products! And makes a sweet swivel mount as well. Now if I can just test out one of the integrated computers.... uploadfromtaptalk1435167273650.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]

Yeah, the new battery dc is pretty sweet. :D

I am sending my 1200 in for the new handle install this next month, along with some other upgrades.

Jon is one of the best at customer service. Always prompt to answer emails and even follow up phone calls that you don't expect to get. :cool2:

Whats up with the new handle and "upgrades"?

Whats up with the new handle and "upgrades"?

Some of the cave divers down in Florida got silt trapped in the pocket behind the trigger and didn't know how to clear it, so I changed the handle design to avoid that. The new trigger is open on the bottom, has plenty of clearance for sand and silt to get out and is a bypass design to sweep any sand and silt out of the way. With the trigger on the lower forward edge on the handle, it is easier to activate, when you don't want to just lock the trigger on and use the speed control knob.

Cave Handle 1 lr.jpg

Cave Handle 2 lr.jpg

This will become the standard handle for all scooters shipping now, but the original handle will still be available, by request, in a reversible configuration, typically used by filmmakers that need to keep their right hand free to operate the camera while moving and also divers without the use of their right hand. I have my wife's scooter setup with a reversible handle, since she's left handed and almost always has a camera on the scooter, but I can flip the handle over and make it right handed when I use it for demos.

Cheers,
Jon

Way to put user feedback into play. Well done Jon. Looks great. I keep mine locked in go unless I set it down or its out of the water. So I'm not overcome with upgrade desire. Unless I start to gunk it up. Now. About that battery computer.....☺

I certainly understand where you are coming from. I had 2 batteries for the Sierra and often changed them out on the boat.

Once I bought my Magnus, I realized there was enough power in that battery for 3 dives. :) No changing required.

Tempted except we push 7-8 dives on a 2 day and 11-12 on a 3 day Although we do get power over night.

Hmmmmm now thats got me thinking which is a bad thing as I'd have to buy another for the wife (she has a Sierra too) Maybe when our 6 batteries (each) degrade....

Aquanomad, my 1200 is one of the first scooters in Florida and he is simply updating everything to current standards.

What Jon stated on the Handle. Plus he's warranting my reed valve switch which recently went out, a new nose plug (I broke one of the charging pins) and some kind of update with the batteries.

Hmmmmm now thats got me thinking which is a bad thing as I'd have to buy another for the wife (she has a Sierra too) Maybe when our 6 batteries (each) degrade....

This is a slipper and expensive slope my friend. I stopped in to look at the 600 and my better half fell head over heals in love with it. Now we both have Gennies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom