Best way to attach dry suit pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don Wray

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have just purchased my first dry suit. As many of you know, as an Instructor, you must carry all kinds of extra stuff while diving with students. What is the best way to attach billows style pockets to the dry suit. Is it something I can do myself, or do I need to send it out for this? Thanks in advance.

I did my first to my trilam with no problems. Pretty much just trace the outline of the pocket to the suit were you want it. Glue both pieces and realign. Add weight overnight and then inspect and reglue areas as needed.
I used Tridents glue, Seament I think.

I sent my pockets to the drysuit manufacturer. I didn't want any issues or mistakes. I am thrilled with the results. I would not have gotten similar results doing it on my own with any kind of glue.

I sent my pockets to the drysuit manufacturer. I didn't want any issues or mistakes. I am thrilled with the results. I would not have gotten similar results doing it on my own with any kind of glue.

Same here. The results were well worth the wait. I couldn't have done as well as DUI did. :palmtree: Bob

DUI did mine as well. Get them on the sides, much more comfortable and could be more safe in your future diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom