Best way to Cancun Comfort Inn from PDC ferry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amoses

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am going to stay at the Comfort Inn near the airport the night before I fly out of Cancun to come home. What is the best way to get to the hotel from the ferry in PDC? I was going to take the bus, but I don't know that it drops close to the hotel, so I guess I would just have to get a cab from wherever it dops? May not really save much taking the bus? Anyone do this before that can advise me?

Also, I guess the hotel does not shuttle back to the airport, so what would be the best way to get to the airport the next morning? just take a cab? and about how much would that be, that close to the airport? It's about 4 miles from the airport according to Google.

From the Comfort Inn Cancun website: For transportation services in departure from our Hotel Comfort Inn TO the airport, a special rate is handled, (not included in your stay) ask for this service at the reception.

Cancun Comfort Inn hotel - Cancun Airport

There are 2 PdC buses to Cancun - to the airport & to the downtown Cancun bus station. From the map on the C Inn website it looks like the airport is closer to the hotel than the downtown station. Me... I'd ask the bus employees at the bus stop at the Cancun airport at the beginning of my trip - I assume you are flying into Cancun. Or email the hotel. Others here may know, though.

From the Comfort Inn Cancun website: For transportation services in departure from our Hotel Comfort Inn TO the airport, a special rate is handled, (not included in your stay) ask for this service at the reception.

I did not see that on there, thanks.

There are 2 PdC buses to Cancun - to the airport & to the downtown Cancun bus station. From the map on the C Inn website it looks like the airport is closer to the hotel than the downtown station. Me... I'd ask the bus employees at the bus stop at the Cancun airport at the beginning of my trip - I assume you are flying into Cancun. Or email the hotel. Others here may know, though.

Yes, I am flying in to Cancun, I will try and ask them. I tried emailing the hotel and did not get a response. I thought someone else had done exactly what I am doing, but couldn't find the thread. I am hoping they, or someone else with similar knowledge, will see this and let me know what they found :)

Last year I took a Taxi from PDC to the Comfort Inn for about $600 MXN. The next morning we were told no shuttle due to a conflict with the Cancun airport Taxi Union/ Mafia, when no taxi showed up they relented and made one run but everyone else had to subsequently use taxi's at very inflated prices.
Subsequently I have heard they were running a shuttle again but I suspect it is an ongoing issue with the taxi union.
Since then I grab hotels downtown near the ADO bus station in Cancun centro and use a bus to the airport, which starts at 0430.

Since then I grab hotels downtown near the ADO bus station in Cancun centro and use a bus to the airport, which starts at 0430.

I probably should have done that

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom