Best way to pack up Perdix AI in its case?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mstevens

Toadfish. Splendid is implied but not guaranteed.
Reaction score
I unpacked my Perdix AI and, after playing with it, updating the firmware, and setting up screens, I went to pack it back up safely in its nice little case. I realized that the case seems enough bigger than the computer that I think the computer would rattle around in there. That, and I neglected to take unboxing pictures so I'm not completely certain how the nylon straps came packed.

I've noticed in some YouTube videos what appears to be a stretchy retaining strap of some sort within the case, but mine has no such thing.

What have people found to be the best way to pack this little gem up in its jewel box? Do people just throw it in there any which way and take off?

Most of the time, my Petral gets tossed into my drysuit underwear, or into my hood. The things are built like bricks..

Mrs. Stoo's Perdix is newer, so she stuffs it into the padded case that we picked up. With the stretchy straps, and the ZIP knife on them, there's not much room in there to rattle.

I unpacked my Perdix AI and, after playing with it, updating the firmware, and setting up screens, I went to pack it back up safely in its nice little case. I realized that the case seems enough bigger than the computer that I think the computer would rattle around in there. That, and I neglected to take unboxing pictures so I'm not completely certain how the nylon straps came packed.

I've noticed in some YouTube videos what appears to be a stretchy retaining strap of some sort within the case, but mine has no such thing.

What have people found to be the best way to pack this little gem up in its jewel box? Do people just throw it in there any which way and take off?

There should be an elastic/Velcro closure attached inside the bottom half case. Tell Shearwater you have a defective case and maybe they'll send you one.

Last edited:
Here is a pic of the closure. It should be there unless its deletion was a cost-cutting measure and not an accident.

Attachments

• 15245386475916839546985882578570.jpg
    15245386475916839546985882578570.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
Here is a pic of the closure. It should be there unless its deletion was a cost-cutting measure and not an accident.

Wow. I’ve never noticed that in mine. As soon as the seat belt sign is switched off I’m going to have to grab it from my carry-on and take a look.

I just chuck mine in. It’s padded somewhat by the bungees scrunched up underneath.

There should be an elastic/Velcro closure attached inside the bottom half case. Tell Shearwater you have a defective case and maybe they'll send you one.

Nothing about my case appears to be "defective" in any way - no unfinished edges, and no appearance of anything "missing" except in comparison to pictures of cases with the retaining straps.

That's the strap I saw in videos. It's sewn into the top rim of the case in the picture, and definitely not present in mine.

I have two perdix AI’s purchased at different times. The cases are slightly different, the older case has the strap with Velcro and the newer one does not. The cases also appear to have different zippers, with the newer one having coarser teeth. The older perdix also came with a small piece of microfiber cloth.

For the OP I place mine in the case screen down in either case that way I know the zipper for the internal pouch will not scratch the screen.

I don't think that my perdix has been in the case since I bought it. Usually for local dives, it just gets tossed or clipped in my gear bin but when I travel it gets tossed in my carry on. When it's in the carry on, it is usually padded around some clothes but to be honest, I don't really pay much attention to making sure it's protected. They are built like tanks and can take a lickin' and keep on tickin'

having both, the more recent case that comes with the perdix is noticeably inferior and definitely an unworthy cost saving move.

Attachments

• 20180629_070432.jpg
    20180629_070432.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 153
having both, the more recent case that comes with the perdix is noticeably inferior and definitely an unworthy cost saving move.
I’m on the opposite end of that spectrum, I don’t like the little Velcro tabs on the old one, and the new case has a larger zipper that doesn’t stick as easily as the old one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom