Best way to put on wet wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most liveaboards also frown on you going inside in a wetsuit. Too much of that stinks up the place.

I dive in a 1mm neoprene skin, my solution is to take 2 so one is always pretty much dry. Not that a damp 1mm is so hard to get on, I actually find it easier than damp lycra, but getting into something dry is always easier and more pleasant. You might not be able to fit 2-3mm suits in your bag, but you could take 2 lycra skins and always have a dry one of those.

Which liveaboard are you going on?

If you need more lubrication than baby shampoo provides you can try "Duck Butter Binding Lubricant." It is 100% biodegradable and used to get your foot into the tight rubber pocket of wakeboard boots. Works great! If you put a little on your hips you will probably end up with an atomic wedgie. :)

Um, I don't think it would be very comfortable to leave a wetsuit on for 10 straight days. Sounds like some kind of David Blaine stunt.

When I'm on an extended trip to the tropics with multiple dives per day, I almost always leave my 3mm wetsuit on throughout the day. Sometimes I remove the upper part and put on a shirt between dives. Of course I usually take the wetsuit off before I go to bed (but not always).

As others have posted, "roll" it on starting at the ankles and working up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom