Best Way to store my Reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lee3645

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just wondering about what is the best way to store my reg. Coil up the hoses and store them in a Reg bag or hanging from BC hanger?

I prefer lying flat with hoses loosely coiled. A large sealable plastic container that can be slipped under the bed works well if the space is available.

+1 to AWAP, please make sure they are thoroughly dry before storing. Pull the hose protectors (if you have any) away from the fittings. For long term storage, I like to remove the hoses from the first stage and plug the first stage ports, cap or tape over the hose ends.

c

I prefer lying flat with hoses loosely coiled. A large sealable plastic container that can be slipped under the bed works well if the space is available.

We hang ours on our BC hangers, no room under the bed with two cats!

SmokeyPumpkinScreensaver-2.JPG

One of whom is a certified Scuba gear cleaning inspector:

47.jpg

:wink:

;-) .....better go to my latest post in the Repair your own gear section.....BC bladder repair made easy.

c

I just put mine in a large rubbermaid box (the wheeled one) with my other gear. I'd be weary putting in in a plastic bag as there may be some moisture left and cause mold or bacteria growth.

Adam

If I'm going to be diving agian within a week, I just leave the regs hanging. If I'm not going to be diving for a few weeks ( :( ) I coil the hoses loosely and store in a large plastic bin with a secure lid (after making sure the regs are dry by hanging for several days).

Best wishes.

I leave all my gear in a sodden lump to marinate in the rubbermaid tub in my Tahoe until it smells so bad that passengers complain and then I get around to cleaning it.

Back
Top Bottom