Best wreck diving in USA poll. Please vote ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i believe there are over 7000 wrecks off the jersey shore ... great lakes are nice, st lawrence is awesome, but how can fresh water wreck diving compare to the north atlantic? i mean, one of the best parts is bringing home dinner. i mean really, when the significant other complains about you diving, than you throw a few lobster down, she/he feels no need to question your hobby any longer ... and im doubting any of you blokes down in NC and fla are going to try and argue your bugs are nearly equivalent.... i know the OP said what wrecks, but isnt bug grabbing a major part?

all in all it totally depends on the type of diver you are as well and what you enjoy.... you will face extremely different conditions in all four places ... some are more suited than others for certain divers ...

just a few thoughts ... best wishes is whatever you decide

Since I'm a noob I'll withhold judgment for now. I want to dive all of these places and get back to you in 5 or 10 years.

Kingpatzer: beautiful image!

You wreck divers are crazy with all the swordfish, sawfish, eels, rays, barracudas, sharks, octopusses, stinging coral. OUCH! Ill stick to the caves where an occational albino crawfish or catfish is encountered.

I've been stung by a catfish barbel, those can be quite nasty! I've never been stung by anything on a wreck. Cut by it, sure, but not stung!

NC wins for interesting historic wrecks, real WWI and WWII wrecks that went down in the wars, fishlife is best I have seen in this hemisphere, and then there are the sharks...:D
photo from this past summer:
100727_Spar_0131.jpg

at times, the fishlife was so thick you couldn't even see the wrecks!

Keys win for easier dives on wrecks.... (better for newer divers)

Ok So I dont have much diving experience, but, this summer I did 3 ship wrecks on the St. Laurence, and its amazing that these ships up here are in such good condition... Ok so the water is COLD but its what we got =)

Back
Top Bottom