Better diving, UAE or Qatar? Advice wanted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Antarctic-Adventurer

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am flying back to the UK in July from my current home in Japan and I have a choice of a 3 day stopover in Dubai, UAE or Doha, Qatar. Having been to neither I don't know which would be the better choice for a day of diving? Any one with experience in this region able to give me a head's up?

Cheers,

:wink:

East coast of UAE and Oman on the Indian osean has more diving spots and lots of things to see, I have never been to Qatar but I think its similar to what we have in Abu Dhabi and dubai where the visibility is not the best. East coast is like an hour and half from dubai. hope this help

Last edited:
East coast of UAE and Oman on the Indian osean has more diving spots and lots of things to see, I have never been to Qatar but I think its similar to what we have in Abu Dhabi and dubai where the visibility is not the best. East coast is like an hour and half from dubai. hope this help

Thanks for the advice, from what I have been reading since posting it seems that the east coast of UAE is the place to go for a day trip. Mid July arriving, looking forward to the Middle East... (although from what I hear UAE is pretty westernized?) :14:

You are correct,
The UAE is very very westernised.

Hope you enjoy the trip, if you need help on what company to use just give me a message, I work up that side freelance so I have a little experience that may be of use.

I would suggest taking the 3-4 hour drive from Dubai to Khasab. The diving there is great. The extra diver shop was ran by a great guy tom, but it just changed hands and I was not too impressed with the operation. The diving was nice and saw some really good stuff. I also do not like Dubai, I would rather go to Muscat over UAE any day.

Cheers.

UAE will be better diving than Qatar. Go up to the peninsula, or better yet, go down to Oman.

You will also have better night life and transportation in Dubai than in Doha.

ETA-- Trust me, if you're looking for good fun diving with lots to see, you really *don't* want to choose Qatar. How do I know? I live in Doha.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom