Beuchat tanks un US?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RomSny

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Are Beuchat tanks sertified by DOT?

I dive with 46 lbs of weight and think these tank would allow me to shed some lead from my waist.

Thanks,
Roman.

They should be, they have a distributor here in NA in Texas, Cochran Undersea Technology....so one would figure they would if they are allowed to sell it.

"shed some weight".. If they are like the one I saw about eight years back you may need an air filled 55 gallon drum attached to you to be neutral. At a buddy's shop, he had a LP 140 that he was selling on consignment for someone. I had trouble lifting that beast. I don't know if that thing ever sold.

There was at least one in the US, probably more. Not sure if they ever stopped importing them and if they are still DOT blessed.

Look at the stampings on the shoulder of the tank. if the initials DOT do not appear followed by alpha numeric code it is not approved.

Those tanks are negative when they are full are when they are empty. They come with a handle on them any tank that comes with a handle is to heavy. I had some 140's and let a guy use them and he was on the bottom on he's back like a turtle on his back. :shocked:

Thank you all for your opinions. Looks like I should look in other direction for my perfect tanks...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom